Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thanks for the support..doing better

I went into the emergency room on Sunday with sharp pain under the lowest rib on the left side. After an XRay and an ultrasound the ER doctor said it was gas and to go home and wait for it to pass. Then a new doctor came on shift and suggested I do a CAT scan which I did. They found 3 blood clots, one in each lung and one in the right leg. I was immediately admitted put on two blood thinners and pain killers. I'm doing MUCH better. I have to get the anti-clotting drug levels up to a 3 in my blood, right now they're at a 1.4. I should be out by Sunday or Monday. They want me to stay in the room and not move around much. The ones in the lungs are stable and not going to go anywhere. The one in the leg could move but they think it will dissolve in place.
I don't mean to scare anyone but I wanted to let you guys know. I have my cell phone with me so call if you want. I'm really doing a lot better. The pain is pretty much gone and the blood work is looking really good. I don't have any reason as to why this would happen...no long flights, previous injuries, family history, etc. I'll be on anti-clotting drugs for at least a year. The nurses and doctors have been GREAT and the hospital is first class. Warren and mom are staying with me 24/7 pretty much so I'm not lacking for comfort or visitors.

I understand they cancelled the Green Presentation on Tuesday but hopefully we can make it even that much better next time.

Keep yourselves Healthy!
Bob

No comments: